Pupil Premium was introduced by the Government in 2011 and is allocated to schools based upon the number of pupils who are or have been registered for free school meals at any point over the previous six years (known as Ever6) and for Looked After Children (LAC).
For 2015-2016 the amount of Pupil Premium allocated was £1,320 for each 'Ever6' FSM pupil and £1,900 for each Looked After Child. Please see below for our Pupil Premium statement for 2015-2016
The Pupil Premium Grant is to be used to raise the attainment of ‘Ever6’ and LAC pupils and close the gap between free school meal (FSM) and non-FSM pupils. At St John's we are committed to making every penny of the Pupil Premium count.
In line with our School Development Plan to raise attainment of FSM children we have allocated funding for 2016/2017 in the following areas:
- To accelerate progress in Literacy and Numeracy
- To improve curriculum opportunities for children - resources/clubs/visits etc.
- Provide emotional / social support and intervention for identified groups
- To improve attitudes to attendance
- To improve standards in behaviour
- To provide personalised learning opportunities - mentoring, 1-to-1 support, intervention
- To continue to increase parental engagement and involvement in learning out of school.